Landmark Documentary Programming Call
Northern Ireland Screen intends to use Lottery Funds, provided through the Arts Council of Northern Ireland, to support a Cultural Landmark Documentary from a Northern Ireland based production company for production in the financial year 2013-14.
The scheme is inspired by timeless documentaries which are rarely commissioned in the present broadcasting landscape. As a guide, Northern Ireland Screen would see the documentary WAVERIDERS, in which Northern Ireland Screen invested, as an example of a project that could attract this funding. Ideally this documentary would be a significant addition to Northern Ireland Screen’s Digital Film Archive.
On application a project must:
- Have a national or international broadcaster attached;
- Have a clear and demonstrable plan, including financial plan, to go into production before 31 December 2013;
- Be created and produced in Northern Ireland by a production company with a substantive base in Northern Ireland;
- Deliver a unique vision and voice on a universal story from a Northern Ireland resident filmmaker.
How to apply
- Northern Ireland Screen will invest 50% of agreed production budget or £100k whichever is the lesser amount;
- Northern Ireland Screen’s preference is for broadcaster 60 minute duration. However, longer formats, two-parters and mini-series will not be automatically excluded;
- Applications will close at 5pm on 30 April 2013;
- Early application is strongly encouraged
Please email Marian Clark de Monreal, Funding Executive, or call her 028 90 268594 for an application pack.
Applicants should send:
- The completed online application form;
- A hard copy of their treatment in standard industry format courier 12 point font and/or a taster tape. Please send a Vimeo link to any taster footage that is available. The treatment cover page must have the project title, the company’s name and full contact details including email address clearly stated;
- A company biography and CVs of the creative team;
- A synopsis of the project (up to 1 page);
- Evidence of national or international broadcast interest.
Supporting documents should be posted to:
Marian Clark de Monreal
Northern Ireland Screen
Landmark Documentary Production Call
3rd Floor, Alfred House
21 Alfred St
Belfast BT2 8ED
Deadline for receipt of completed applications is 1700 on Tuesday 30 April 2013. Please note proof of posting is not proof of receipt.