Strategic Partners co-production market seeks applications
The 2013 STRATEGIC PARTNERS market, which takes place 12th -15th September, in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada will feature a Spotlight on the UK and India. Applications are now open.
The Atlantic Film Festival’s Strategic Partners is one of the world’s pre‐eminent co-production/co-financing markets focusing on feature film, TV and multi-platform fiction. Over 3 days, Strategic Partners offers an intimate, organized forum for projects looking for financing as well as those still at an early stage - looking for the right partner. Its linear program is designed to provide unparalleled access to international co-production possibilities - all under one roof, set against the backdrop of the Atlantic Film Festival and the vibrant, coastal city of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Top Canadian and international industry players are selected to attend, including producers, investors, sales agents, funding agencies, broadcasters and distributors. Offering over 1000 pre-scheduled 1-2-1 meetings, coproduction focused roundtable sessions, cutting edge panels, visionary keynote speakers, screenings and receptions, Strategic Partners is a convergence of talent and innovation, producing tangible results.
As a Spotlight Country, UK producers and official delegates will receive:
- Complimentary registration to the event (1 per company) (Value $600 CAD);
- Reduced registration for second delegates to attend (producers, writers, directors) from the same company ($425 CAD);
- A complimentary UK Buzz Session for each region to promote their region as a place to do business and meet strong indie producers;
- Transportation to and from the airport and to screening venues, galas & receptions;
- Profile for each company and their projects in the invaluable Online and hard copy SP Catalogue;
- Easy access to top level Canadian and International film, TV, multiplatform delegates;
- Access to Canada’s federal and provincial agencies and info on tax incentives, crews, talent and locations;
- A personal prescheduled 1-2-1 meeting agenda with key players producers want to meet;
- Assistance with further introductions to potential business partners by Strategic Partners organizers;
- All meetings, panels and keynotes under one roof;
- Casual breakfasts, lunches and the Hospitality Suite to extend conversations beyond the 1-2-1’s;
- Relevant and practical panel discussions;
- Easy access to Atlantic Film Festival screenings featuring the very best from Atlantic Canada and around the world;
- The Film Nova Scotia Lobster Dinner to introduce delegates to NS hospitality at its best.
The Strategic Partners brochure can be downloaded here.
Application deadline is 28th June 2013. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and how to apply.
You may apply to the Skills Fund if your application to attend is successful.