NEWS AND EVENTS

Show Advanced Search
From :
To :
Category :

Total Items:  

Nov
13
2012

Dog Ears CelAction 2D training programme

Dog Ears, a children’s media company based in Derry, is in the process of recruiting 14 animators to work on the animated pre-school series Miss Rosie Red (39 x 7 minute episodes) currently in pre-production. The studio will be based in Derry and King Rollo Films will produce the series using CelAction 2D.

Dog Ears is running a CelAction 2D course to provide training for interested animators and will select animators from the course to work on the series.

COURSE DATES:

There will be four courses, each lasting for two weeks (9:30am – 5pm), with a maximum of 7 people per course.

  • 21 January – 1st February
  • 04 February 2013 – 15 February 
  • 25 February 2013 – 08 March 
  • 11 March 2013 – 22 March 

COURSE LEADER:

Neil Fitzgibbon, Animation Director, King Rollo Films will direct the course which covers the main features of CelAction 2D software with a focus on analysing a character for construction, building a character for use in a 2D series, and the tools and functions needed to animate.

King Rollo Films is an Emmy/Bafta nominated studio, with hit shows for Cbeebies and Nick Jr including Poppy Cat, Humf, Maisy, Mama Mirabelle.

LOCATION

The courses will take place in Derry at the Dog Ears office in The Diamond.

ACCREDITATION

The course is endorsed by CelAction and a certificate will be awarded to each candidate on completion of the training.

THE COURSE IS AIMED AT:

Animation professionals with an undergraduate degree in animation or relevant work experience. It might also be of interest to non-graduates with relevant work experience.

COST

The cost of the two-week course is £1,429 per person.

Northern Ireland resident applicants may be eligible for a bursary of up to 75% from Northern Ireland Screen's Skills Fund. Dog Ears will be providing bursaries to cover the remaining 25%. Applicants will need to have been selected for the course before applying to Northern Ireland Screen for a bursary.

APPLICATION PROCESS:

Interested parties are asked to apply by submitting a CV, covering letter and samples of animation work to training@cheersdogears.com. Please send links to samples of work rather than attachments.

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 12:00 MONDAY 3 DECEMBER 2012

www.cheersdogears.com


  • Partners
  • Partners
  • Partners