Trade Mission to RealScreen Summit 2013 for NI TV producers of non-fiction content
Northern Ireland Screen is seeking to lead a trade mission to the RealScreen Summit, which takes place in Washington DC from 27th - 30th January 2013, for up to 6 producers of non-fiction television content from Northern Ireland.
The Realscreen Summit is the most important non-fiction film and television industry event. Now in its 15th year, this highly anticipated annual event is dedicated to the development of business and creative opportunities for those in non-fiction and factual programming and content creation. In partnership with realscreen magazine, the ongoing mandate is to identify the best new ideas, recognize top industry talent, offer the forum for discussion and debate, explore issues and uncover trends and ultimately create an international network of connected individuals leading to business growth and career development.
As part of its overall remit to help grow a dynamic and sustainable screen industry in Northern Ireland, our objective through this targetted intervention is to help the participants further their skills in this arena , inform them of industry standards and requirements and network with peers and contacts, so they can compete effectively within the global industry.
Northern Ireland Screen will offer financial assistance with travel and accommodation as well as delegate passes up to a maximum of 50% of the total costs, or £1,000, whichever is the lesser amount.
There are strict eligibility criteria in place for trade missions. Full Trade Missions guidelines are available to download from the Marketing and Information section of the websit
For the RealScreen Summit 2013, the basic criteria are:
- You must register to join the Official UK Delegation through UKTI's OMIS package (£585). Full benefits of this package will be sent to successful applicants.
- You must be resident for tax purposes in Northern Ireland.
- You must be a Northern Ireland Screen client with a non-fiction television project in development, or have had a non-fiction production previously developed or funded for production by Northern Ireland Screen within the last 3 years.
- You must be able to attend for the full length of the proposed trade mission.
- You must be able to show how attending the summit will progress your career and/or project.
Northern Ireland Screen is asking for expressions of interest from candidates, who fulfill the criteria, to email the Marketing Department
by 5pm Monday 20th August with "RealScreen Summit 2013" in the subject line.
If you are judged to meet the criteria, you will then be asked to complete an application form by a deadline of early September.
Trade Missions are made possible through the Northern Ireland Screen Marketing Department budget, supported by Invest NI and part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.